"It was not you who chose me, it was I who chose you to go forth and bear fruit." ~~John 15:16~~

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday


"Be faithful to the gospel and repent of your sins," the minister said in today's Ash Wednesday service when he took ashes (from the burned palms used on Palm Sunday) and made a cross on my forehead. Thus starts the forty-plus days leading up to Easter. Each year, Christians are given this time to focus on Christ and His message of love. Through prayer, fasting and alms giving, the faithful renew their commitment to the Lord and align themselves more closely to the gospel. I'll be praying for each of you throughout Lent.
Please remember Lily Grace, a three year old with severe medical problems. Lily underwent surgery on the 16th and needs prayer.
I know the Prayer Team is lifting up the people of Haiti. Please continue to ask the Lord to provide for their needs.
Much love,
Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment